this past weekend my hiking group, black people hike (bph) hit the tiger mountain west trail for what we thought would be a 5 mile hike round trip. turns out the high point trail (which doesn’t go all the way to the top) is 5 miles. the west trail is actually 4.4 miles one way. so, yeah. it was a long hike. but the day was beautiful, and the company was amazing, and we had a great time. i wanted to do a top 5 for this hike and share a few pix from my perfect day climbing tiger mountain.
top 5 awesome things about climbing tiger mountain
5. we got the most gorgeous day possible with blue skies, sunshine and a balmy 80 degrees
4. our largest group ever turned out with us topping out at eleven brown people hiking. it was truly “we’re colored, and we’re hiking and we’re colored. give us a high five!”
3. the boys making vine videos in the woods and feeding the birds from their hands
2. getting boxing lessons from retired heavyweight boxer, Boone Kirkman who actually fought joe fraizer!
1. cheering michelle on as she reached the summit of tiger mountain as a first-time hiker. she did that!